Frame of Mind
Picturing a brighter future
Frame of Mind is a Community Interest Company that provides vocational training for adults with Mental Health Issues/Learning Disabilities.
Frame of Mind
About Frame of Mind
All forms of picture framing including:
- All types and sizes of frames are made bespoke on site using any of the following materials:
- All types of wood and aluminium mouldings, Standard glass, Perspex, conservation glass, non reflective glass, diffused glass, and whitewater clearview glass.
- Numerous colours and styles of mounts.
- We also frame football shirts and other sports memorabilia
- Conservation Picture Framing work using conservation materials so your picture is protected for up to 15 years.
- All our framing is supervised by our Guild Commended Framer - the only one in the local area.
- Digital Printing including:
- Large format photographs and prints up to A1 in size.
- Transferring photographs onto canvas.
- Bespoke designed posters and wrapping paper for special occasions
- Limited edition fine art prints for local artists
Frame Of Mind is a Community Interest Company. We offer training, work experience, support into employment, social interaction and teamworking opportunities for local adults with mental health issues/learning disabilities.
All trainees learn the traditional skill of picture framing, digital printing as well as basic numeracy, basic literacy and foundation IT skills.
As a real picture framing and printing business, the trainees will interact with the local community on a daily basis thus helping to break down the stigma and ignorance surrounding mental health. All proceeds from this business are reinvested in helping people in the local community.
Trainees are also be given the opportunity to add further to their skills, by learning basic ceramics, progressing onto higher level IT Admin skills and taking up horticulture.
To gain a placement in the project a person must be referred from their local Community Mental Health Team.
- Arun Business Partnership Business in the Community Award 2007
- West Sussex Social Enterprise Innovation Award 2007
- Arun Business Partnership Training & Development Award 2009
- Awarded the Social Enterprise Mark in May 2010 the first social enterprise in West Sussex to do so.
- One of Four Social Enterprises Shortlisted Nationally in the RBS SE100 Trailblazing Newcomers 2010 Listed in the RBS SE100
- Social Impact Leader table showing top 12% nationally for Social Impact Measurement
- One of 3 companies shortlisted across Sussex in the Argus Business in the Community Awards
- Arun Business Partnership Website of the Year Award 2010